To keep me on track with my own preparations, I keep an updated list of my own activities and needs. It certainly helps me stay focused.
These are in no particular priority order, and this is not a complete list:
- Have started a vintage and heirloom seed (and seed potatoes) bank. Vegetables and flowers.
- Stocking URI products (dehydrated whole-food powder) for nutritional needs (has a 2 year shelf life)
- Currently ordering food items (ie. grains, canned goods, beans, etc) for long-term storage.
- Ordering food storage containers (food grade) for grains and dried food.
- Looking to install alternative energy source – (ie. solar power)
- I will continue working hard on my job, and trim expenses as much as possible to strengthen my financial position.
- IMPORTANT… Establishing an online income training system to help others transition to having the ability to earn income, without traveling. Helps tap into other economies all over the world.
- Stocking and upgrading hunting supplies (ammo, backpack, etc.)
- Stocking wood for heating/cooking. I am not concerned we will lose electricity, but am sensitive that we will need to conserve economic resources during a difficult economy.
- Establishing a supply of batteries (including rechargeable) and flashlights
- Searching for dehydrator and water purifier
- Installing wood heater in office and looking at installing a hand pump for well
- Preparing climate controlled storage for food/seeds
- looking at livestock options
- Working on developing barter system
- Having cash on hand
- Looking to establish home meeting group to locally connect with people who are preparing.
- Maintain my blogsite to share my views on what is going on and where I believe things are headed. The site will be primarily information and content based – and will help with connecting and networking with others. By networking with like-minded people, I believe it will help in finding additional resources for supplies/information. It will also be an opportunity to encourage others and share Christ.